Monday, June 23, 2008

A Quick, and Inadequate, "Thanks!"

Today was another day of mostly travel, but as always, there were plenty of great sights to be seen along the journey. My favorite from today would be the Dunfermline Abbey and Palace. I'd have to read it again to remember it all for sure... but something about King Charles I (son of James VI (I) and Anne of Something...) was born there or grew up there. Anyway... the Abbey is still very much in use and is open for public viewing, but the palace was completely in ruins, with only a few walls left standing. It's amazing to me that, over time, the abbey would be preserved but not the palace - which is practically attached to the abbey! A shame, I think...




Anyway, so tomorrow we fly to Dublin for the first leg of our trip home. I have been thinking about what a blessing this trip has been, and how VERY thankful I am that Justin's mom & dad made it possible for us to be here. As most of you know, Justin and I are about to jump head first into post-seminary life - We're both job searching, trying to make budgets, plan ahead, and generally visualize what life will be like in this first major transition of our marriage. It's all VERY exciting, but also has the potential to be quite stressful. So it has been really great for us to have a few weeks away from "real life" to rest and recoup before jumping back in. I cant think of any circumstances under which Justin and I would have been able to come to Scotland (or really, anywhere) without Mark & Suzi's generosity - and it's doubly great that we can all be here together and have a great time! I'm so thankful to have in-laws (and brothers in-law) that I truly ENJOY spending time with. It has truly been an amazing few weeks!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Mark & Suzi!!

Don't let that fool you, though, the blogging isn't quite over yet... we still have a few more adventures to go on before our trip is officially over. Keep checking back... more insanity to come...

No comments: