Saturday, June 14, 2008

Perth with New Friends!


Ok, so today we spent the day with a great couple, Alan & Lorraine Thomson, who were friends of Mark & Suzi's before the trip. The Thompsons live here, near Perth, and acted as our resident experts (literally) as we travelled today. So, rather than our typical foot patrols, today we took the car and explored the surrounding towns and villages - yes, all 7 of us were in one car. It was great. We ate at this great little restaurant/farm (reminded me a lot of a Bob Evans... only with actual animals out front), then we visited a Scottish whiskey distillery (the roads didnt seem quite so curvy after that... just joshin' ya!), stopped at random places along the way (castles, old churches, gardens, etc.), and finally had "high tea" at this little hotel restaurant. It was my first "high tea" experience... quite unexpected. I had lasagne (yes, Italian) at a "high tea" (yes, a British tradition). It totally expected Mark to make fun of that... but hey, it was on their menu!

Tomorrow's agenda: Golf at St. Andrew's, picnic on the Old Course, walk on the "beach" (in my scarf!!), and taking more pictures!

Tomorrow's forecast: 50% chance of rain, 50% chance of sun, 50% chance of 50 degree weather. Seriously, move over Bill Meck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun. We leave for beach tomorrow, hope to internet there, so I can keep up with your travels,
Love, Becky

Anonymous said...

A whiskey distillery and churches, that is my type of fun. Please have a lot of fun, Dr. Simmons and say hello to Brother Justin.

Travel safe and be blessed.

Oh, I am still wearing my Sunday halo.

Arnita

p.s Did you figure out that I was the other anonymous (man v nature)?
Sometimes I am really quick witted, and humorous.

Unknown said...

Ms. Caise,

Sorry, Arnita, :)

Of course I knew it was you! :) It was the "Dr. Simmons" that gave it away... most people are unaware of that status that I (don't) hold. :) See if you can't hold on to that halo until Wednesday services! Talk to you soon!