Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Explanation Needed...

So I feel like I should explain what's going on here... First, I know that Justin & I already have a blog. A great one, I might add. So I'm sure you're wondering why I'm taking up more cyberspace by creating a new one. Truth be told, I don't really do much with our blog. It's our blog the way it's our Echo, our golf clubs, and our kayak... I'm part owner in all these things by proxy. This blog will serve a special function - hopefully. I've recently been inspired to try writing a bit more, and so perhaps this trip will be the perfect place to start! The plan is to blog daily, or so, once we actually arrive in Scotland - and maybe I'll share some of the "side" writings that I'll do along the way. So this blog will chronicle the trip, and when it's over, the blog ends... but if it goes well I might make another one. (Yes, take up even more cyberspace.)

I'm not sure yet how reliable internet access will be. I'm sure we'll be able to find cafe space somewhere in Edinburg & Glasgow.... but I'm not so sure what will be going on once we arrive in the Highlands (and can I just say that's a locale I never thought I'd be headed to??). If I have to fight the sheep for table space, though, I will. After all, I have elbows and they dont; clearly, I have an advantage.


On a related note, if you have time, or the inclination, don't neglect our regular blog in favor of this one over the next few weeks. Justin will be continuing to blog there over the course of the trip, as well, and he'll have cool things to share. Hopefully we dont double up too much on info - but I'm guessing we'll be ok. (www.thejsimmons.blogspot.com)


Next projected blog topic: Being sure you have fun... (This one will give me something to do during our layover in Shannon, Ireland)

PS. All posts are set for European Time... so if you see a time posted (and I'm not sure if you will or not, don't think EST)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give me a J, give me an E, give me an A-L-O-U-S. What's that spell? PAUL!!!! Have an absolutely fantastic trek!!! We miss you!

Paul

Unknown said...

Hope you have a blast! Can't wait to read your about your happenings. P.S. You should totally buy a kilt!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!! Remember, "Don't drink the water!"
Be sure to pick up some local lingo to impress us all, and don't let Justin take ALL the pics... my neck hurts when I look at some of them! (Just kidding, Justin, I love your pictures :)
Stay safe!
Marmalade

The LeRoys said...

This is gonna be fun. I love the suggestion about buying a kilt...for Justin! Don't dare let him leave without a picture of that! Much love.